Stage 11 of Giro d’Italia 2013 edition is a Medium Mountain stage between Tarvisio (Cave del Predil) and Vajont 1963/2013 (Erto e Casso). The length of the course is 182 kilometers.
DATE: May 15 2013, Wednesday
STAGE TYPE: Medium Mountain
START-FINISH: Tarvisio (Cave del Predil) (900m) > Vajont 1963/2013 (Erto e Casso) (809m)
LENGTH OF THE COURSE: 182 km
Tarvisio is a town in the Province of Udine, the northeastern part of the autonomous Friuli-Venezia Giulia region in Italy. The town is situated in the Canal Valley (Val Canale), between the Carnic Alps and Karawanks ranges in the north and the Julian Alps in the south. (wiki)You can read more about Tarvisio on wiki.
Cave del Predil
Cave del Predil is a frazione subdivision of the comune of Tarvisio in the Province of Udine, in the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region of northeastern Italy. The hamlet is located about 15 km (9 mi) south of the town centre, in the valley of the Rio del Lago (Seebach) river on the road to the Predil Pass of the western Julian Alps, close to the border with Slovenia. (wiki)You can read more about Cave del Predil on wiki.
Vajont is a town and comune in the province of Pordenone, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, north-eastern Italy. (wiki)
Erto e Casso
Erto e Casso is a municipality in the Province of Pordenone in the Italian region Friuli-Venezia Giulia, located about 130 km northwest of Trieste and about 40 km northwest of Pordenone. (wiki)
There are 2 main climbs in the stage route:
- Sella Ciampigotto (120.4th km, 1790 m): starting at 88.5th kilometer at Ovaro (531 m). Riders will gain 1259 meters in 31.9 kilometers (average 4%).
- Diga del Vajont (182nd km, 809 m): starting at 174.5th kilometer at Longarone (447 m). Riders will gain 362 meters in 7.5 kilometers (average 4.8%, max. 9%).
Latest posts by M. Özgür Nevres (see all)
- The German company Bulls presents four e-bike models equipped with blubrake - July 29, 2019
- Tour de France Winner Groupsets, Year by Year - July 29, 2019
- Thomas De Gendt unblocks his fan on Twitter - July 23, 2019