Giro d’Italia 2014 stage 5 – the first uphill finish of the 2014 edition of the Giro d’Italia is at Stage 5. It is a 203 km medium mountain stage from Taranto to Viggiano.
Table of Contents
Giro d’Italia 2014 stage 5 quick info
- DATE: May 14, 2014, Wednesday
- STAGE TYPE: Medium mountain
- START-FINISH: Taranto (18m) > Viggiano (895m)
- LENGTH OF THE COURSE: 203.0 km
Previous stage: Giro d’Italia 2014 Stage 4 details
Next stage: Giro d’Italia 2014 Stage 6 details
Giro d’Italia 2014 stage 5 profile
Stage 5 map
Taranto is a coastal city in Puglia, Southern Italy. It is the capital of the Province of Taranto and is an important commercial port as well as the main Italian naval base.
It is the third-largest continental city of Southern Italy: according to 2011 population census, it has a population of 200,154.
Taranto is an important commercial and military port. It has well-developed steel and iron foundries, oil refineries, chemical works, some shipyards for building warships, and food-processing factories.
Viggiano is a town and comune in the province of Potenza, in the Southern Italian region of Basilicata. It is situated in a panoramic position in the Alta Val d’Agri and is a holiday center which today is also known for the presence of Eni petrol plants. Its territory comprises the Calvario summit and Castle and part of Mount Enoc.
- Taranto on Wikipedia
- Aragonese Castle on Wikipedia
- Viggiano on Wikipedia
- Giro d’Italia official website
- Santini and Unipublic introduce Vuelta a España 2021 jerseys - May 6, 2021
- New Stromer ST5 with Blubrake ABS wins 2021 iF Design Award - May 4, 2021
- Best road bikes for kids (2021 update) - April 27, 2021