Usually it is hard to find good training and nutrition tips for avid cyclists, and women-specific information in this area is even rarer. But now, you can get tips and expert advice from the pros for free, and it is coming from the UCI Worlds 2015 Elite Women Team Time Trial silver medalists: Women’s cycling team “Boels-Dolmans”(1) have given interviews, racing & recovery tips, and nutrition advice in this new SiS (Science in Sport) eBook. It includes a guide to the Women’s Pro Peloton, and a beginner’s Sportive training plan.
The eBook can be downloaded for free from HERE (note that it requires an email address for the free download).
“Start training with the Science in Sport Women’s Cycling & Nutrition Guide, which provides essential tools and expert advice from the pro cycling Boels Dolmans Women’s Peloton Team. In collaboration, ten team members have shared their training tips, kit bags, and nutrition advice, while a Q&A with London Olympics 2012 silver medallist, Lizzie Armistead, provides personal insight and tips for women and girls new to cycling.”
“Entering into the world of cycling can be exciting and exhilarating as you hit the open road with speed, tranquillity, and determination. With additional nutrition and recovery pointers and a beginner 12-week training plan, this guide will help you to the starting line.”
Content of the eBook:
- Meet the Boels-Dolmans Cycling Team
- Guide to Life in the Women’s pro Peloton
- Q&A with Lizzie Armitstead(2)
- Ten Nutritional Tips to Get the Most Out of Cycling
- Four Tips for Recovery to Get the Most From Your Training
- Training Plan: Tackling Your First Sportive
- Boel-Dolmans, officially Boel-Dolmans Pro Cycling, (UCI team code: DLT) is a professional cycling team based in the Netherlands, which competes in elite road bicycle racing events such as the UCI Women’s Road World Cup. The title sponsors are Dolmans Landscaping and the Dutch plant hire company Boels Rental. (wikipedia). The team won the silver medal at the 2015 UCI World Championships Elite Women Team Time Trial event in Richmond, United States.
- Elizabeth Mary “Lizzie” Armitstead (born 18 December 1988) is an English professional track and road racing cyclist. She won a total of five medals at the UCI Track Cycling World Championships in 2009 and 2010 before choosing to focus on road racing. On the road, she won the silver medal in the road race at the 2012 Summer Olympics, the gold medal in the road race at the 2014 Commonwealth Games and the UCI Women’s Road World Cup in both 2014 and the final edition in 2015. (wikipedia)
Armitstead is current UCI World Champion (she won the UCI Road Race World Championships 2015 Elite Women Road Race in Richmond).
- Bennett, Wisniowski, and Vacek sign with Team Qhubeka ASSOS - November 28, 2020
- Stelvio Santini Challenge On Rouvy: Conquer The Virtual Stelvio From November 30 - November 27, 2020
- Dlamini and Barbero sign-on with Team Qhubeka ASSOS - November 27, 2020