Vuelta a España 2014 stage 21 details: on September 14, Sunday, this year’s “La Vuelta”, the 69th edition of the Spanish Grand Tour is coming to an end with a 9.7 km Individual Time Trial stage in Santiago De Compostela.
It will be a short, fast stage that will make little difference to the general classification. Obradorio plaza will be the stage where the grand finale will play out before the world and the outcome of a race that continues to preserve its very own seal of identity will be revealed.
Previous stage: Vuelta a España 2014 Stage 20 Details
Vuelta a España 2014 Stage 21 quick info
- DATE September 14, 2014, Sunday
- STAGE TYPE Individual Time Trial
- START-FINISH Santiago De Compostela (280 m) > Santiago De Compostela. El Final Del Camino (264 m)
- LENGTH OF THE COURSE 9.7 km
Vuelta a España 2014 Stage 21 profile
Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela is the capital of the autonomous community of Galicia in northwestern Spain.
The city has its origin in the shrine of Saint James the Great, now the city’s cathedral, as a destination of the Way of St. James, a leading Catholic pilgrimage route originated in the 9th century. In 1985 the city’s Old Town was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Main sights of Santiago de Compostela include:
- Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela
- 12th century Colegiata de Santa María del Sar
- 16th century Baroque Abbey of San Martín Pinario
- University of Santiago de Compostela
- Centro Galego de Arte Contemporánea (Galician Center for Contemporary Art), designed by Alvaro Siza Vieira
- Parque de San Domingos de Bonaval, redesigned by Eduardo Chillida and Alvaro Siza Vieira
- City of Culture of Galicia, designed by Peter Eisenman