Tour de France 2013 Stage 17 is a 32 km individual time trial from Embrun to Chorges. There are two category 2 climbs on the course.
Previous stage: Tour de France 2013 stage 16 details
Next stage: Tour de France 2013 stage 18 details
Tour de France 2013 Stage 17 quick info
- DATE July 17, 2013, Wednesday
- STAGE TYPE Individual Time Trial (ITT)
- START-FINISH Embrun (789 m) > Chorges (861 m)
- LENGTH OF THE COURSE 32 km
Tour de France 2013 Stage 17 profile
Mountain passes & hills
- km. 6.5 Côte de Puy-Sanières, 6.4 kilometer-long climb at 6% (category 2)
- km. 20.0 Côte de Réallon, 6.9 kilometer-long climb at 6.3% (category 2)
Embrunis a commune in the Hautes-Alpes department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region in southeastern France.It is located between Gap and Briançon and at the eastern end of one the largest artificial lakes in Western Europe: the Lac de Serre-Ponçon.
Chorges is a commune in the Hautes-Alpes department in southeastern France.
It is close to Gap. The name Chorges derives from the Latin Catorimagus, itself coming from the Alpine tribe of the Caturiges in the ancient Roman province of Alpes Maritimae.