The opening stage, Vuelta a España 2013 stage 1 is a Team Time Trial (TTT) stage from Vilanova de Arousa to Sanxenxo. The length of the completely flat course is 27.4 km.
Next Stage: Vuelta a España 2013 Stage 2 details
Table of Contents
Vuelta a España 2013 Stage 1 quick info
- DATE: August 24, Saturday
- STAGE TYPE: Team Time Trial (TTT)
- START-FINISH: Vilanova de Arousa (5 m) > Sanxenxo (15 m)
- STAGE DISTANCE: 27.4 km
Vuelta a España 2013 Stage 1 Profile
Start: Vilanova de Arousa
Vilanova de Arousa is a municipality in Galicia, Spain in the province of Pontevedra.
Sanxenxo is a popular tourism destination in the province of Pontevedra, Galicia, Spain. It is widely regarded as the best and certainly the most exclusive beach resort in Galicia. There are a lot of beautiful beaches in and around the town. It is situated in the southern part of the O Salnés region. It is bathed by the Atlantic Ocean in the estuaries of Pontevedra and Arousa, which lie in its western areas.
The population of the municipality is 17,077 (2007). The landscape of Sanxenxo has two different areas: the interior and the coast. The interior contains smooth, rolling valleys that provide a warm climate all year round. The coastal area is made up of a succession of beaches that extend over 36 kilometers, with sections that enter the sea, forming abrupt yet beautiful cliffs that make stunning natural viewpoints.
- La Vuelta official website
- Santini and UCI create an exclusive line for Decathlon - January 22, 2021
- Santini bids farewell to plastic and chooses eco-friendly packaging for 2021 - January 15, 2021
- Cancellara will be the new Selle Italia brand ambassador - December 28, 2020