A beautiful and a bit funny photo of the Italian cyclists Claudio Chiappucci & Gianni Bugno, in the early 1990s. Cycling kits, especially the early helmets look very different back then.
Both Chiappucci and Bugno were very good all-rounders. They won stages in the grand tours (Chiapucci in the Tour de France and the Giro d’Italia, and Bugno in all three grand tours) and they were also very good in classics. Bugno also was twice UCI World Champion (1991, 1992).
- Gianni Bugno on Wikipedia
- Claudio Chiappucci on Wikipedia
Latest posts by M. Özgür Nevres (see all)
- Top 17 fastest Paris-Roubaix editions - April 9, 2023
- With greenteg’s CALERA technology, athletes can get accurate core body temperature monitoring on the wrist - March 31, 2023
- Dura-Ace History [1973-2023] - January 31, 2023