Pino Cerami, 1960 Paris-Roubaix and La Flèche Wallonne winner, and the oldest Tour de France stage winner (1963) after second world war, has died aged 92, after a long illness.
Pino Cerami (28 April 1922 – 20 September 2014) won stage 9 of Tour de France 1963 at the age of 41 years and three months. He won Paris-Roubaix and La Flèche Wallonne in 1960 when he was 38 years old. His 1960 Paris-Roubaix winning average speed was the 7th fastest in history.
Since 1964, a race named in his honor, the Grand Prix Pino Cerami has been a feature of the Belgian cycling calendar. In 2014, the 48th edition won by Omega Pharma-QuickStep’s Alessandro Petacchi.
The Palmares of Pino Cerami
- Winner of the 3rd and 5th stages of the Tour of Belgium
- 1st Ninove (Grote Prijs Beeckman-De Caluwé, see notes 1)
- Winner of the 12th and 13th stages of the Tour of Europe
- Winner of the 1st stage and the General Classification of the Tour of Belgium
- Winner of the 2nd stage of the Tour de Picardie (see notes 2)
- Winner of the 3rd stage of the Tour de Luxembourg
- Flèche Wallonne
- Brabantse Pijl
- Winner of the 9th stage of the Tour de France
- Grote Prijs Beeckman-De Caluwé a single-day road bicycle race held annually in July in Ninove, Belgium. The 169 km race is named after the local cyclists Kamiel Beeckman and Edgard de Caluwé, winner of the 1938 Ronde van Vlaanderen (Tour of Flanders). The last winner of the race (2019) is the Belgian cyclist Dries De Bondt of the Corendon-Circus team (as of 2021, De Bondt rides for UCI ProTeam Alpecin-Fenix). 2020 edition of the race was not held due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Tour de Picardie was a professional multi-stage cycle road race held annually in Picardy, France. The last winner of the race was Nacer Bouhanni of Cofidis (2016).
- Grand Prix Pino Cerami on Wikipedia
- Pino Cerami on Wikipedia
- Grote Prijs Beeckman-De Caluwé on Wikipedia
- Paris-Nice and Critérium Du Dauphiné Leaders’ Jerseys by Santini - January 5, 2022
- Santini Named as Official Kit Supplier for Cure Leukaemia and The Tour 21 - December 28, 2021
- Selle Italia X-Bow: a saddle for the off-road world - December 23, 2021