I started using my second pair of Vittoria Zaffiro 700x23c clincher road tires, so I decided to write a review.
I use Vittoria Zaffiro’s as a training tire (usually in winter). They are not suitable to use in the races, since they are a bit heavy (340 grams) and have a bad rolling resistance.
Specifications of Vittoria Zaffiro 700x23c clincher road tire:
- Threads Per Inch: 26 (26 TPI)
- Folding: no (rigid)
- Weight: 340 grams each (700x23c)
- Max Bar Rating: 7-10
- Max PSI Rating: 100-145
- Puncture protection: yes
- Aqua-Flow rain tread pattern
- Price: $14.09 on the wiggle
I really liked them as a training tire. They are a bit heavy, not very fast (but not too bad), but grip really well and have a good puncture protection. They grip well in wet conditions too, even in some of the awful roads in Istanbul. I feel safe while riding on these tires, especially compared to Bontrager R2 tires.
They are really, really cheap, so probably they have the best price/performance ratio as training tire.
I was using Continental Grand Prix 4 Season as winter training tires before. But I switched to Vittoria Zaffiro’s because they are much cheaper and feel almost the same. Just a bit heavier (4 Season tires are 220 grams) but I didn’t notice this much while riding. I can even say they are like Conti 4 Season’s with much better price.
- Cheap (very!)
- Grip well on every type of roads, wet and dry
- Good puncture protection
- A lot of color options, including black! Black is good.
- Bad rolling resistance
- Hard to mount on the rims (really!)
My overall rating: 4 stars/out of 5
Keep in mind that I gave 4-star to these tires as training tire, they’re not suitable to use in the races, as I mentioned above.
Would I buy another pair again in the future? YES
- Santini and UCI create an exclusive line for Decathlon - January 22, 2021
- Santini bids farewell to plastic and chooses eco-friendly packaging for 2021 - January 15, 2021
- Cancellara will be the new Selle Italia brand ambassador - December 28, 2020