I started using my second pair of Vittoria Zaffiro 700x23c clincher road tires, so I decided to write a review.
I use Vittoria Zaffiro’s as a training tire (usually in winter). They are not suitable to use in the races, since they are a bit heavy (340 grams) and have a bad rolling resistance.
Specifications of Vittoria Zaffiro 700x23c clincher road tire:
- Threads Per Inch: 26 (26 TPI)
- Folding: no (rigid)
- Weight: 340 grams each (700x23c)
- Max Bar Rating: 7-10
- Max PSI Rating: 100-145
- Puncture protection: yes
- Aqua-Flow rain tread pattern
- Price: $14.09 on the wiggle
I really liked them as a training tire. They are a bit heavy, not very fast (but not too bad), but grip really well and have good puncture protection. They grip well in wet conditions too, even in some of the awful roads in Istanbul. I feel safe while riding on these tires, especially compared to Bontrager R2 tires.
They are really, really cheap, so probably they have the best price/performance ratio as a training tire.
I was using Continental Grand Prix 4 Season as winter training tires before. But I switched to Vittoria Zaffiro’s because they are much cheaper and feel almost the same. Just a bit heavier (4 Season tires are 220 grams) but I didn’t notice this much while riding. I can even say they are like Conti 4 Season’s with much better price.
- Cheap (very!)
- Grip well on every type of roads, wet and dry
- Good puncture protection
- A lot of color options, including black! Black is good.
- Bad rolling resistance
- Hard to mount on the rims (really!)
My overall rating: 4 stars/out of 5
Keep in mind that I gave 4-star to these tires as training tire, they’re not suitable to use in the races, as I mentioned above.
Would I buy another pair again in the future? YES
- Tour de France Winner Groupsets, Year by Year - July 24, 2022
- Top 200 fastest climbs on the Alpe d’Huez [All-time list] [2022 update] - July 20, 2022
- Mother in polka-dot jersey on a road bike pulling her kid uphill - July 10, 2022