David Millar, 36-year-old Scottish rider of Team Garmin-Sharp gave some quick tips about how to watch a cycling race live without putting in danger both the riders and themselves. He tweeted four tips in his twitter account, @millarmind. He said to the cycling fans that “I’ll be standing there with you soon”.
“The race director of the TdF asked me to use my ‘tweeter’ to offer safety guidance for the brilliant public on the road. I have 4 tips.”
- Do not stand on the road, it may seem unimaginable in the hours of waiting preceding the race, but when we do arrive we use ALL of it!
- Remove children/pets/chairs from road when stepping back to avoid us, they more often than not end up being forgotten in the panic.
- Bike riders appear further away through a camera lense/phone/ipad than they actually are, take a long shot, not a close-up!
- Cheer for me! We hear everything when passing and, most importantly, enjoy the spectacle, I’ll be standing there with you soon.
- Complete List of UCI Elite Men Road Race World Champions - September 27, 2020
- Santini and the UCI renew their partnership and reveal the new ecological UCI World Champion jerseys - September 27, 2020
- Tour de France Winner Groupsets, Year by Year - September 20, 2020