Cervélo, the famous Canadian manufacturer of racing bicycle frames, has unveiled a special S5 frame for the 100th edition of the Tour de France. Team Garmin-Sharp will use the new frames in this years’ Tour.
The S-series is the aero bike segment of Cervélo, and the S5 is the admiral ship of the series.
The updated color scheme is a mix of the Garmin-Sharp team’s blue, white and black shades combined with a splash of the Tour’s yellow. Both on the inside of the fork and the logo on the down tube have been spared argyle squares, while the top tube is adorned with a pair of fine “100th” stickers.
Although the new design is primarily intended for the team’s nine selected Tour riders, Cervélo will make a limited edition on sale. The price and availability date are still unknown.
Cervélo S5 100th Tour de France Special Edition Specifications
- Fork: Cervélo FK26 UL
- Crankset: Rotor 3D+ 110BCD 52/36
- Headset: FSA IS3 Standard – 6mm TC
- Handlebar: 3T Ergonova TEAM blue
- Seatpost: Cervélo Aero UCI2
- Stem: 3T ARX TEAM Blue
- Rear Derailleur: DA 9070 Di2
- Saddle: fi’zi:k Antares
- Front Derailleur: DA 9070 Di2, Braze On
- Cassette: DA 9000 11-25
- Shifters: DA 9070 Di2
- Chain: DA 9000 114 Links
- Brake Calipers: DA 9000
- Wheels: Mavic Cosmic Elite
- Brake Levers: DA 9000
- Tires: Vittoria Diamante Pro Light 23mm
- Cervelo official website
- Complete List of UCI Elite Men Road Race World Champions - September 25, 2022
- Tour de France Winner Groupsets, Year by Year - July 24, 2022
- Top 200 fastest climbs on the Alpe d’Huez [All-time list] [2022 update] - July 20, 2022