Two historic cycling icons present their latest extreme performance solutions for the road: In a collaboration with Ferrari, Colnago presents the V1-r, Colnago’s first-ever aero frame, with the all-new evolved Campagnolo Super Record 11+ groupset and Campagnolo Bora Ultra 35 wheels. There’s also an option with disk brakes.
According to Colnago:
- All of the V1-R’s tubes, including the fork blades and the seat stays, have a special shape optimized in the wind tunnel to make the V1 even faster.
- The V1-R’s fork is also a new concept, designed and structured to support the integrated front brake body.
- One of the most striking features of the V1-R is the adoption of a new standard for the braking system.
- Another major innovation found on the V1-R is represented by the use of carbon fiber monocoque dropouts and an internal replaceable derailleur hanger.
- For maximum integration and aerodynamics, we offer the new V1-R with a special, dedicated seatpost.
- The housing for the disc was obtained directly from the mold, without sacrificing the full carbon dropout, one of the most important characteristics of V1-R.
- To increase the rigidity of this portion of the frame, without increasing the thickness of the tube walls and, consequently, frame weight, the Colnago V1-r uses tubes with larger sections.
- UCI Approved: This frame is approved by the International Cycling Union and therefore used in all races recognized by the UCI.
- The V1-r is the new frame from Colnago designed for cyclists who are particular about their bike’s weight-to-performance ratio. It is made with the highest quality carbon fiber, selected in cooperation with Ferrari, which is why are we use the Cavallino logo on each frame. The frame is monocoque, with aerodynamically shaped tube sections, and full-carbon rear dropouts.
The V1-r is the best monocoque frame produced in Colnago’s sixty-year history.
Related: Colnago Concept
Gallery: Colnago V1-r
Photos and more information: colnago.com
- Top 16 fastest Paris-Roubaix editions - April 18, 2022
- New Santini kit celebrate the Liège-Bastogne-Liège 2022 - April 10, 2022
- UCI, Santini, and Decathlon Celebrate Wider Reach of the New Rainbow Collection - March 23, 2022