Trek has revealed the bike which Jens Voigt will use n his Hour Record attempt on September 18. The Trek Speed Concept 9 series bike has a Shimano Dura-Ace drivetrain and full disc wheels.
It is a modified version of Trek’s standard time trial machine, which Trek Factory Racing team using in the road races. The biggest modifications are – changes in the rear dropouts to accommodate track hub spacing of 120mm, and removal of the front and rear integrated brakes (they replaced with carbon filler to maintain the same surface geometry as the standard Speed Concept).
The standard SRM/Shimano Dura-Ace 9000 crankset will be 54T, with no inner ring. The rear cassette probably will have 14 teeth.
Trek’s wheel supplier Bontrager doesn’t make disc wheels, that’s why there are Shimano full disc wheels labeled as Bontrager are on the bike. Each wheel is painted as they were a clock.
Related: And the hour shuts up
Jens Voigt’s Trek Speed Concept 9 Hour Record Bike Specifications
- Frame Trek Speed Concept 9-series – Track (XL-size)
- Fork Trek Speed Concept
- Headset Trek Speed Concept
- Stem Trek Speed Concept
- Handlebar Bontrager UCI legal Speed Concept Basebar
- Cassette Custom Trek Made – 14T
- Derailleurs/Shifters N/A
- Chain Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Crankset SRM/Shimano 9000, 177.5mm 54T
- Bottom Bracket Ceramic Speed, BB90
- Pedals Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
- Wheelset Shimano Pro Carbon Track Tubular Disc
- Tires Schwalbe Track
- Saddle Bontrager Team Issue TT
- Seat Post Bontrager Speed Concept, 50mm setback
- Computer SRM PC 7
- Jens Voigt’S Height 190 cm
- Jens Voigt’S Weight 79 kg
- Saddle Height, From Bb (C-T) 84 cm
- Tip Of Saddle Nose To C Of Bars (Next To Stem) 63.1 cm
- C Of Front Wheel To Top Of Bars (Next To Stem) 51.6 cm
- Top Tube Length (C-C) 56 cm
- Total Bike Weight 8.45 kg
- Santini L’Étape du Tour De France 2022 Special Collection - October 19, 2021
- Santini to partner with the Tour de France - October 11, 2021
- Team Delko will wear a “LOOK 1985” Mondrian kit in the Paris-Roubaix 2021 - October 1, 2021