Giro d’Italia 2014 stage 5 – the first uphill finish of the 2014 edition of the Giro d’Italia is at Stage 5. It is a 203 km medium mountain stage from Taranto to Viggiano.
Giro d’Italia 2014 stage 5 quick info
- DATE: May 14, 2014, Wednesday
- STAGE TYPE: Medium mountain
- START-FINISH: Taranto (18m) > Viggiano (895m)
- LENGTH OF THE COURSE: 203.0 km
Previous stage: Giro d’Italia 2014 Stage 4 details
Next stage: Giro d’Italia 2014 Stage 6 details
Giro d’Italia 2014 stage 5 profile
Stage 5 map
Taranto is a coastal city in Puglia, Southern Italy. It is the capital of the Province of Taranto and is an important commercial port as well as the main Italian naval base.
It is the third-largest continental city of Southern Italy: according to 2011 population census, it has a population of 200,154.
Taranto is an important commercial and military port. It has well-developed steel and iron foundries, oil refineries, chemical works, some shipyards for building warships, and food-processing factories.
Viggiano is a town and comune in the province of Potenza, in the Southern Italian region of Basilicata. It is situated in a panoramic position in the Alta Val d’Agri and is a holiday center which today is also known for the presence of Eni petrol plants. Its territory comprises the Calvario summit and Castle and part of Mount Enoc.
- Taranto on Wikipedia
- Aragonese Castle on Wikipedia
- Viggiano on Wikipedia
- Giro d’Italia official website
- Astronauts aboard the ISS were watching the Tour de France live - July 19, 2021
- Robert Marchand dies aged 109 - May 22, 2021
- Santini & UCI Partner Up With ANTWRP For A Casual Wear Take On The Rainbow Motif - May 20, 2021