The Transcontinental Race: Europe’s longest, toughest, single-stage unsupported bike race, from London to Istanbul. Riders will cover a minimum of 2000 miles and a mountain checkpoint will take you high into the Alps.
The “Transcontinental Race” will start in London on August 2, 2013. The finish line will be in Istanbul.
- Leave the car at home. No vehicle support here, Human power, and solo riding only. Find it en-route, carry it yourself, or do without.
- Find your own way. Riders must navigate their way without remote assistance. Old school maps? oh yes, GPS? no worries, Asking the locals? Of course. Phone a friend? – Not cool.
- Live fast. Ride fast and get a good night’s sleep or slog it out and burn the midnight oil? The strategy is up to you and so is the choice of accommodation but comfort and speed rarely go together. You’ve been warned.
- They will be watching you. Satellite tracking and social media will keep tabs on rider locations and surprise ‘audits’ are an ever-present possibility. You will be required to report your progress regularly and gather evidence that you are keeping on the straight and narrow.
Official website: transcontinentalrace.cc
- Santini L’Étape du Tour De France 2022 Special Collection - October 19, 2021
- Santini to partner with the Tour de France - October 11, 2021
- Team Delko will wear a “LOOK 1985” Mondrian kit in the Paris-Roubaix 2021 - October 1, 2021