I think every serious cyclist on earth knows UK based bike&accessories seller Wiggle. The result of their collaboration with Honda Europe is: Wiggle-Honda Pro Cycling Team. The all-new UK-based female pro cycling team Wiggle-Honda was launched today in London.
The Wiggle-Honda Pro Cycling Team is one of 33 UCI Women’s Teams for 2013 season. and contains 12 riders in total. It is announced that in its debut season, the team will focus on results in the Classics and sprint-style racing.
The manager/owner of the team is 2010 Commonwealth Games Gold medalist, Australian Rochelle Gilmore. Gilmore is also one of the rider from the team squad.
The Wiggle Honda Pro Cycling Team brings together one of the strongest lineups in women’s professional cycling including:
- Aussie Commonwealth Games Road Champion, Rochelle Gilmore
- 2012 Olympic Champions, British cyclists; Laura Trott, Dani King and Joanna Rowsell
- 3-time World Champion Italian, Giorgia Bronzini.
- 7-time Japanese National Champion, Mayuko Hagiwara.
2012 Tour de France winner & Olympic Gold Medallist Bradley Wiggins says:
“I have personally been a Wiggle customer for years and look forward to working closely with the team to ensure that the athletes are well looked after throughout the season”.
Latest posts by M. Özgür Nevres (see all)
- Santini’s winter cycling line a winner at the Polartec Apex awards - December 3, 2019
- Is Your Beard Slowing You Down? - November 28, 2019
- Feeling Nauseous While Cycling? Here’s How To Kick Motion Sickness To The Curb - November 26, 2019