I bought a Cannondale CAAD10 (2015) in the last April, and it was equipped with Schwalbe Lugano 700x25c clincher road tires. After a few months on them pair, I decided to write a review.
First of all, they are cheap training tires. It is the entry level road tire of the German tire manufacturer.
Specifications of Schwalbe Lugano 700x25c clincher road tire:
- Puncture Protection: yes
- Compound: Silica
- Weight: 280 grams each (700x25c)
- Max Bar Rating: 6.0-7.5
- Max PSI Rating: 85-110
- Price: $13.49 ($20.49 if you buy a pair) on chainreactioncycles
The tires are OK for training. They roll fast, and grip well. I didn’t buy them, they came with the bike but they are also cheap. I am not quite sure about their puncture protection: the rear tire punctured twice in the first two weeks, but it didn’t happen again after a few months and more than 2500 km. Maybe it was just a bad luck.
I found their comfort not as good as you expect from a 25c tire. My racing tires, Veloflex Master 700x23c clinchers feel more comfortable. But I can live with that.
They are cheap, so maybe they have one of the best price/performance ratio as training tire.
- Cheap (very!)
- Good rolling resistance for a tire in that price margin
- Grip well on every type of roads, wet and dry
- I am not quite sure about their puncture protection but it seems good
- A lot of color options, including black! Black is good.
- Really easy to mount on the rims, you can do it without using a tire lever
- Not so comfortable for a 25mm tire.
My overall rating: 4 stars/out of 4
Keep in mind that I gave 4-star to these tires as training tire, they’re not suitable to use in the races.
Would I buy another pair again in the future? YES
Latest posts by M. Özgür Nevres (see all)
- Simple Ways Cyclists Can Avoid Common Injuries - January 14, 2020
- The E-Bike Cleaning Hacks You Need To Be Doing - January 13, 2020
- 2020 Granfondo Stelvio Santini: The Official Race Jersey Is Made From Five Plastic Bottles! - January 9, 2020